Last Modified September 2020
We provide technologies, websites, applications, products and/or services (individually and collectively referred to as our, “Services”) to organizations (our “Customer(s)”). Our Services are offered to and designed primarily for use by organizations such as schools and libraries. How we collect information and use information may differ based on our relationship with you as an individual. We are not responsible for privacy practices of our Customers which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
Your Personal Information Applying to this Policy
- Via Our Services
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by another company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or via our Services.
Your Personal Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your search or request queries; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- Automatically as you navigate through our Services.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
The information we may collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or searches while using our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through use of our Services and of the fulfillment of your requests.
- Your search queries made via our Services.
Personal Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use via our Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
If you choose to register and sign in by using a third-party account (such as your Facebook or Google account), the authentication of your login is handled by the third party, and any personal information collected during that third-party login is not covered by this policy. Surpass Software will collect your name, email address and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Surpass Software account to be linked to your third-party account.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited certain Services pages or opened an email and for other related Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Service content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on delivered by our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Surpass Software LLC assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Surpass Software LLC about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Surpass Software, our customers, or others.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Your Access to Your Personal Information
Depending on your location and where applicable law requires, you may have the following choices with respect to your Personal Information:
- the right to access your Personal Information;
- the right to update your Personal Information by emailing us. If practically possible, we will make corrections (where appropriate) based on your updated information;
- the right to withdraw your consent with respect to Personal Information that is collected on the basis of your consent;
- the right to request deletion of your Personal Information or object to its processing;
- the right to portability – to move, copy or transmit personal data from one IT environment to another; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with us or, as applicable, with a supervisory authority.
To learn more about the Personal Information that we have collected or to exercise your choices regarding your Personal Information, including updating or changing that information, please contact us by email, help@SurpassSupport.com or by mail at our business address.
Children Under the Age of 13
Surpass Software is committed to The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules. Persons under the age of 13 may only access Services via our Customers as their parents/students, patrons, or affiliated person and are subject to the respective Customer’s privacy practices and policies. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any Personal Information from individuals under the age of 13 unless and until our Customer has provided authorization for such person to use our Services and for Personal Information to be collected.
You should contact us at help@SurpassSupport.com if you believe we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without proper consent. Upon notice we will delete such information as soon as possible.
Our Contact Information
Surpass Software LLC
200 E Lake Sue Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789